I’m not an agent or related to this entity. The data supplied under is impartial as based mostly on my analysis and expertise. While I’ve taken steps to make sure the accuracy of the data introduced right here, there might be no assure that it’s going to stay correct.
Goal: Established entity – with three years audited financials and a monitor document of gross sales and earnings.
Sector focus: None specifically
Quantities supplied: $0.5- $5million
Funding kind: Personal fairness
Additional data: East Africa contact: +254(0) 20 250 4775 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting FREE
Who’s behind the Fund?
Based in 2008 by a bunch of UK entrepreneurs and philanthropists, it initially labored via two native fund managers: Constancy Capital in West Africa and InReturn Capital in East Africa.
The construction combines extremely skilled personal fairness veterans from Europe with knowledgeable groups on-the-ground. It has now commenced a merger (Jan 2013) to create a pan- African fund supervisor that may handle a brand new $75m pan-African SME fund. Jacana is at the moment elevating from worldwide traders.
It at the moment has $45m in funds below funding supplied by plenty of particular person and institutional traders together with FMO (a dutch funding financial institution), Oiko credit score (a co-operative and social investor) and Finn fund (a improvement fund).
What’s the course of like?
It is set out on their web site however they in abstract anticipate to maneuver from begin to end inside 1 month, with the important thing “in precept”approval being given after about 1 month.
- An preliminary govt abstract out of your marketing strategy is submitted to them.
- If they’re , it’s extra doubtless that they may then request for an in depth marketing strategy.
- Thereafter they may comply with this up with a head to head assembly to evaluate the chance.
- As soon as they approve in precept, the opposite points embrace the due diligence and shutting.
My ideas for achievement?
- Excessive development. Like many personal fairness companies, they’re eager on established companies with excessive development focus. They do spotlight for instance that they anticipate the income to be about 5 instances their preliminary funding as soon as they exit. Your corporation ought to due to this fact have the ability to ship excessive returns, in any other case it’s not price creating the plan.
- Group. For a non-public fairness agency, just like a enterprise capital agency, a strong staff is a key issue. You will need to put in place a powerful staff, one which considers good company governance, ethics and powerful monetary controls as key.
- Clear marketing strategy. When drawing up your marketing strategy, have a transparent and articulate technique that may present the place development goes to return from. Illustrate the enterprise aggressive benefit i.e you might be doing it higher or totally different from the others.
In any other case, better of luck.