One of many different sources of finance for Uganda is the Mara Launch fund. For a lot of Ugandans, notably these beginning out in enterprise with solely an idea, this can be a good place to start out.
Goal: Begin ups and early stage companies
Sector focus: All
Quantities offered: UGX 5,000,000- UGX 10,000,000
Funding sort: Enterprise capital
Means, quite than offering a mortgage, the fund takes a % of shares within the firm
- Mannequin may be repeated throughout Africa;
- Worthwhile enterprise inside 3-5 years (exit interval for fund);
- Sturdy administration
search on-line for “Mara Launch Fund”
Tel: +256(0)414 233 700/800
Who’s behind the fund?
- Ashish J. Thakkar; CEO,Mara Group;
- Alex Rezida, Companion at Nangwala, Rezida & Co. advocates; and
- Peter Mukiza, Managing Companion in Uganda for Quantum capital.
What’s the course of like?
1. Submit marketing strategy.The plan ought to embody info in line with the important thing standards for the fund.
2. Introductory assembly. If the fund likes the plan, the investor will meet the fund workforce.
3. Due diligence.This implies the fund “verifies” the knowledge introduced within the plan.
4. Time period sheet. Doc spelling out the essential phrases and circumstances.
My view/ideas for fulfillment in accessing the funds for your small business
1. Staff:Enterprise capital funds like Mara know that an excellent workforce will develop and implement the concept efficiently. When you’ve got no inside capability, have an expert be a part of you in order that your plan features a sturdy workforce.
2. Government abstract. Buyers are busy folks and so your abstract, normally one web page, ought to have one purpose in thoughts: “Make them keen to show the pages”. To be able to do that, be sure that your government abstract captures key facets of the doc together with the workforce, the quantity required, the method, the actions up to now and different info that gives a “snapshot” of your idea.
3. Repeatable mannequin. The fund is on the lookout for good enterprise concepts that can remodel Africa. Can the enterprise mannequin be repeatable not solely in Uganda however maybe Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania?
4. Perceive the fund and individuals behind it. A core a part of a profitable enterprise relationship is whether or not the 2 events “join”. Buyers are folks and so they normally make investments in the event that they just like the individual behind it.
In July, I met Nigel Ball, director of an affiliated entity. He’s a really likeable, straight speaking skilled. I can subsequently count on that the remainder of the workforce will probably be of this nature.
In any other case, better of luck.
Inachee will not be an agent or related to this entity, it’s an unbiased thought management and advisory agency. The knowledge offered relies on our analysis and expertise. While we now have taken steps to make sure the accuracy of the knowledge introduced right here, there may be no assure that it’ll stay correct.